After leaving Provo and the surrounding area, I drove many hours on back roads with cattle crossings and rolling hills as far as the eye could see to, to a spectacular place called Bryce Canyon. If you have never been to Bryce Canyon and love Hiking- this is a place that one must visit. I was breathless... I found a great campsite, and was very lucky to have since about two hours later the whole campground was full. As I entered Bryce Canyon I found out that it was one of three free weekends offered so that saved me $25. I also was informed that the astronomy festival was going on that happens annually. After I set up the RV and leveled it out (which can be very hard to do by myself), I took darth for a quick walk and got back before a huge thunderstorm. It rained and poured and it was the loudest thunder I have ever ever heard. I took a nap through part of it:).
The weather cleared up as if knowing about the astronomy fest and I walked down to the parking lot where it was a complete nerdville, and saw around 20 telescopes set up ranging in size. Some of those telescopes I found out while looking through them, cost as much as $6,000 or more! I got to see saturn, a dieing star, star clusters (which look like a pile od diamonds), and much more. It was so so so cool. There were people from all over the country and there was a lady from pennsylvania giving constalation tours. I had fun and the fact I could see the milky way without a telescope but by my very own eyes was mindblowing. The darkness that settles on the canyon is so peaceful.
So that was my first day at Bryce Canyon and I can't really complain much.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment