I just spent the last two nights at Moab Utah which is right by Arches National Park. With all of the national parks I have been going too I got an annual pass.
Arches is by far one of the favorite places I have visited besides Bryce canyon. The views along with the trails throughout the park are like nothing I have ever seen. I ran into a couple I had made friends with in Zion, who are from France and play cribbage, and they asked if I would like to join up and camp and hike together. Of coarse I would! After getting skunked by Paulo in the morning, we got off to an early start. Many of the hikes we took have no shade so starting early helps. Lots of water is key as well. Since national parks are so undog friendly I had the air conditioning on for Darth with two bones that I recently bought. Jessi, Paulo's girlfrind did a hike with just the two of us while he rested his feet and entertained Darth. Uphill and downhill and lots of sand and huge stone arches is about the jest of the trails. I had a great time. I did two trails today and parted ways with my new friends.
I am currently in Ridgefield Utah heading to the Great Basin park that is known for it's underground caves.
Whewwww.. I am ready to sleep in my own bed here soon. I am getting mighty sore but my sunburns are healing up fast. SPF 30 does not cut it in Arizona.
No comments:
Post a Comment