Tuesday, June 30, 2009

great place, great hikes









































































































































I stayed in Sedona and the surrounding area more almost 5 days. I really love that place and enjoyed myself with all of the hikes to do in the area. Darth and I also explored the city including "Uptown Sedona" which has some of the most elaborate galleries I have ever been in. I stayed in a really nice well kept RV park within walking distance of the city and it was succluded back within trees and hills.
I went on a couple more hikes where there were vortexs and packed lunches and plenty of water. All of the hikes around the area including the ones to vortexs allowed dogs so darth got to join me on all of them. While hiking I have to keep in mind that Arizona is alot drier then Oregon so I have to be careful that I bring alot of water where ever I go. I also have to remember that most of the places I go are at a much higher elevation.
The second day I went to a place called Acrosanti. To explain what this is will take time but in short it is a community that is built around innovatiove design, environmental accountability and the focus of community. It is deisgned amd based on Paolo Soleri and his thoery of a intgrated urban design. He focuses on exploring alternatives to environmental issues with architecture and ecology. What is built already is only a tenth of what is planned on being built. It is quite amazing and the creation of bells, both bronze and ceramic, help financially support this process. I was blown away to say the least.
I went and hiked to Montezuma's Well and Castle. I also did a hike to see some petrogliphs. There was alot of historical sights to be seen. I bought a book just on Arizona and Utah and I am glad of this purchase.
During this time in the Sedona area I also visited an old neighboor friend who bought 90 acres. I got to visit with him and his wife and he took me hunting out on his property. There were alot of deer and bucks and I had a successful and fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment